The postgraduate year one pharmacy residency program builds on Doctor of Pharmacy academic education. Outcomes of the residency program contribute to the development of the clinical pharmacist. Residents are responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions.
A pharmacist completing this residency will be able to successfully:
- Provide direct patient care in diverse practice settings
- Educate patients and health care professionals
- Function as an effective member of a health care team to ensure a safe medication environment
- Develop effective personal and professional management strategies for improvement
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Two positions are available for this residency.
Cass Regional Medical Center is a general, acute care facility located in Harrisonville, Missouri, that serves the residents of Cass County (population 100,000+) and the surrounding areas. As a critical access hospital, Cass Regional maintains a 21-bed medical/surgical unit, a four-bed intensive care unit and a 10-bed behavioral health unit.
Cass Regional offers state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and a wide range of services. Our Specialists Clinic and the adjoining Rock Haven Medical Mall offer convenient access to some of the region’s finest medical specialists. Our staff of dedicated employees works with our physicians to keep pace with the latest technology and works as a team to care for patients and their families.
- Orientation – 6 weeks
- Ambulatory Care / Oncology – 6 weeks
- Emergency Medicine – 6 weeks
- Internal Medicine – 6 weeks
- Surgery – 4 weeks
- Infectious Disease - Longitudinal
- Administration – Longitudinal
- Staffing – Longitudinal
- Management – Longitudinal
- Medication Use Evaluation
- Completion of a residency project
- Teaching Certificate required
- Staffing Requirements: Every third weekend
Stipend and Benefits
- The stipend for this 12 month appointment is $41,000
- The program will provide compensation for ASHP Midyear Meeting attendance
- Health insurance is provided including comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Residents are eligible for 152 hours of paid time off annually that will be prorated for the calendar year
- Paid holidays include New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday), Christmas Day
- Residents will not be required to work Cardinal holidays unless it falls within the normally scheduled staffing assignment
- Professional liability insurance is provided to all pharmacists through Cardinal Health. Residents are encouraged to purchase their own individual policy if they wish.
- All benefits are administered through Cardinal Health
Johnny Anderson, PhD, RPh, MTS, Director of Pharmacy, Residency Program Director
Mary Becvar, RPh
Sam Brewster, MD
Jack Hudkins, MD
Brad Mathis, PharmD, MHA
Khanh Nguyen, PharmD
Vijay Parthiban, MD
Catherine White, DO