Enhanced Safety Measures in Place
At Cass Regional Medical Center, we remain diligent in our fight against coronavirus (COVID-19), and want to let you know the steps we’re taking to safely care for you during the pandemic.
We recognize that you may have concerns about receiving medical care during these uncertain times. As always, the health and safety of our patients, caregivers and communities is our top priority. Urgent health care needs and vital health care procedures, including those unrelated to COVID-19, should not be ignored during this time. It is both safe and necessary to receive medical attention at our sites of care.
Over the past few months, we have been and will continue to collaborate with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), maintaining and often exceeding the strictest of standards.
Steps we’re taking to keep you and our clinical teams safe:
- Screening for all patients, visitors and staff through controlled access points to our facilities.
- Universal masking of caregivers, staff, patients and visitors throughout our facilities.
- Visitor restrictions to limit unnecessary exposure for patients, visitors and staff.
- Heightened infection prevention policies, including the removal of high-touch items such as magazines, and the deactivation of water fountains in common areas.
- Practicing social distancing, and encouraging all patients and visitors to maintain a distance of six feet from others while in the facility. Furniture in common areas such as waiting rooms and the cafeteria has been rearranged to better accommodate social distancing recommendations.
- Separate areas and staff for non-COVID-19 positive patients, including outpatients and patients with scheduled procedures. These patients are treated in separate areas and assigned caregivers who are not caring for COVID-19 positive patients during their shift.
- Separate areas and staff for COVID-19 positive patients and those who are under investigation.
- Telehealth options, so that care may be delivered in a virtual setting when possible.
As you prepare for your medical visit, it is also imperative that you and those in your household continue to follow current infection prevention guidance from the CDC, including vigilant hand hygiene and social distancing.
Cass Regional Medical Center remains focused on providing you with exceptional care. We know these circumstances may not be what you anticipated when planning for your upcoming visit and/or procedure, and we recognize the worry that this pandemic may have created for you or your loved ones. We remain committed to being “Here for Your Health,” and we thank you for trusting us with your care.
Visit our COVID-19 Resource Hub for information on testing, our visitor policies, and more.