COVID-19 visitor policy
Visitor Policy (effective Monday, March 7, 2022)
• Children younger than age 14 will not be permitted except under extraordinary circumstances.
• Two visitors per day are allowed in the Emergency Department, inpatient units, outpatient areas (ex., Lab, Medical Imaging, rehab), clinics (ex., family practice, specialty clinics, wound clinics), Surgery
and GI clinics, and for palliative and hospice patients during the visiting hours of 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Mills Cancer and Rheumatology Center – no visitors are allowed in the infusion area.
• Pediatric patients may have two visitors at a time. If the patient is COVID-positive, only one visitor will be allowed per day. For purposes of visitation, pediatric patients are defined as patients under 18.
• End of life patients may have two visitors at the bedside at a time; visitors may switch out throughout the day for as long as the clinical team deems that it is safe and feasible, regardless of patient COVID-positive status.
• No overnight stays will be allowed, except for extraordinary circumstances (ex., end of life).
• Confirmed or suspected COVID-positive patients in inpatient and ICU settings may have 1 designated visitor during their entire stay and may visit for 2 hours at a time each day.
• Visitors for confirmed or suspected COVID-positive patients in any other areas are not permitted except under extraordinary circumstances.