Your partner for health screenings
At Cass Regional Medical Center, everyone is considered family – and family cares for one another. That’s why we make it easy to get all your routine health screenings in our comfortable, convenient care settings. And when it comes to cancer, early detection helps ensure you won’t miss any of life’s precious moments with the ones you love. How many more reasons do you need?
Colonoscopy (colorectal cancer screening)
Colorectal cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer deaths in America. But the good news is the rate is decreasing – thanks in part to increased screenings among adults over 45 and those with a higher risk of developing colon cancer.
Here are three great reasons to get a colonoscopy at Cass Regional:
- We make it comfortable for you, with the convenience of being close to home.
- Colorectal cancer screening saves lives. Colorectal cancer is preventable, treatable and beatable – and your best chance at effective treatment is early detection. And, because your doctor will painlessly remove pre-cancerous polyps during the procedure, your colonoscopies can actually prevent cancer, too.
- Screening starts at 45, but you don't have to wait until then to talk to your doctor about screening for colorectal cancer. If you have a family history of colorectal cancer, advanced colorectal polyps, or you’ve been diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease, you may need to be screened earlier.
If it’s time for your colonoscopy, talk with your primary care provider today. For more reasons to get a colonoscopy and information about what to expect, visit our Health Library.
Skin cancer screening
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer, but when caught early, it is highly treatable. To prevent skin cancer, you need to protect your skin from the sun year-round. It is recommended that everyone gets a skin exam from a board-certified dermatologist at least once per year. Also, if you notice any new spots on your skin – spots that are different from others, or spots that are changing, itching or bleeding – make an appointment to see a dermatologist.
Here are just a few of the reasons to get regular skin cancer screenings at Cass Regional:
- The earlier skin cancer is detected, the easier it is to treat. When detected early, the survival rate is high, even for melanoma, one of the most aggressive types of skin cancer.
- Screening for skin cancer is much easier than you might think. In fact, routine skin cancer assessments are non-invasive and are completed in just a few minutes during an office visit.
- Scheduling skin cancer assessments is easy. Just call 816.887.0312 for an appointment at our Rock Haven Specialty Clinic located at 2820 E. Rock Haven Road, Suite 150, in Harrisonville.
At Cass Regional, our experts provide the screening and advice you need to keep your skin healthy and catch problems early. For more reasons to get regular skin cancer screenings and information on how to prevent it, visit our Health Library.
Breast cancer screening (mammography)
Women should have a risk assessment at age 30 and start breast screenings at the age of 40, or sooner if your doctor recommends it due to a family history of breast cancer or other high-risk factors. Mammograms can detect breast cancer early when the disease is easiest to treat and has the highest survival rates.
Here are three great reasons to get a mammogram at Cass Regional:
- Statistically speaking, one in every eight women will develop breast cancer at some point in her life. Not having a family history of the disease does not necessarily mean decreased odds of getting it. Regular screening is so important.
- Our state-of-the-art 3D mammography technology offers greater accuracy when combined with traditional 2D technology, reducing the need for additional imaging appointments.
- Your visit will be quick, and our providers prioritize your comfort before, during and after. We offer appointments six days a week. To schedule a mammogram at Cass Regional Medical Center, call 816.380.5888, ext. 7880. We are located at 2800 E. Rock Haven Road in Harrisonville.
For more reasons to get regular mammograms and what to expect during your exam, visit our Health Library, or review recent guidelines from the American College of Radiology.
Lung cancer/pulmonary screening
While smoking is the greatest cause of lung cancer, even non-smokers can be at risk mostly due to genetics or from exposure to a range of carcinogens in the air we breathe. We offer lung cancer screenings at Cass Regional.
Here are just a few of the reasons why lung cancer screening is so important:
- Lung cancer can often go undiagnosed before showing symptoms, which is why regular screenings are important for treatment and can prevent the disease from spreading.
- Adults over 55 with a smoking history should receive annual screenings for lung cancer. And, if you are ready to quit smoking, our family medicine providers are experts at offering the support and resources you need to stop smoking and enjoy better lung health. Learn more about the criteria for a lung screening.
- Preventive screening of high-risk individuals can dramatically improve lung cancer survival rates, prevent cancer from spreading and allow for greater treatment options.
Talk to your primary care provider about getting your lungs screened today. For more reasons to get a lung screening, or to learn more about the risk of lung cancer and other pulmonary issues, visit our Health Library.
Cardiac screening (for your heart health)
Diagnosing heart disease isn't a one-size-fits-all approach. That's why the imaging team at Cass Regional offers cardiac scoring, a screening that identifies your risk for heart disease using scans of your arteries. Learn more about cardiac scoring.
Here are three great reasons to schedule your cardiac screening at Cass Regional:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. However, identifying and controlling your risk factors for the disease can significantly reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Cardiac scorings s are non-invasive and can be completed during a short visit. If you have symptoms of a heart attack or stroke, these tests can help doctors determine if and where your heart's blood flow is blocked. Armed with this information, doctors can start lifesaving treatment.
- Preventive cardiac scorings are available Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. To schedule, call 816.887.0377 for an appointment at our Pleasant Hill Imaging Center, located at 1601 N. State Rt. 7, Suite A in Pleasant Hill.
Talk to your primary care provider about which tests are right for you. For more reasons to get cardiac screenings, or to learn more about taking care of your heart health, visit our Health Library.
Here for your health
Talk to your primary care provider about these and other health screenings you may need. At Cass Regional, our providers and staff are dedicated to helping our neighbors, friends and community members live long, healthy, happy lives. That’s every reason we need to be here for you and your health.