Orthopedic doctors specialize in bone and joint disorders and injuries. These surgeons manage special problems of the musculoskeletal system. This system includes your bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves. Many orthopedic conditions can be treated without having surgery by using medication, exercise or other rehabilitation therapies. However, if surgery is necessary, your doctor will discuss diagnosis and treatment options to help you select the best plan for an active and functional life.
Conditions and injuries treated:
- Elbow—cubital tunnel syndrome, growth plate injuries, tennis elbow, tendinitis.
- Foot and ankle—Achilles tendon, ankle fractures, ankle sprains, foot fractures, tendinitis, stress fractures.
- Hip—femur fractures, greater trochanteric bursitis, hip dislocation, hip fractures, illiotibial band syndrome, minimally invasive hip replacement using anterior approach, hip resurfacing.
- Knee—ACL reconstruction, meniscus repair, Osgood-Schlatter disease, patellar fracture, patellar tendinitis, patellar tracking disorder, patellofemoral pain syndrome, tibial fractures, total knee replacement, unilateral knee replacement.
- Avascular necrosis.
- Cartilage repair.
- Joint dislocation.
- Joint replacement—hip, knee and shoulder.
- Shoulder—total shoulder replacement, reverse total shoulder replacement, labral repair, AC joint separation, clavicle fractures.
- Wrist and hand—Carpal tunnel syndrome, De Quervain's tenosynovitis, ganglion cyst, Dupuytren's contracture (Dupuytren's disease), hand fractures.
- Monday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, 8 a.m. to noon (Pleasant Hill Medical Clinic)
Kenneth W. Petersen, DO, sees patients on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Cass Regional Orthopedics, and he sees patients on Thursdays from 8 a.m. to noon at Pleasant Hill Medical Clinic. Dr. Petersen also performs surgeries at Cass Regional Medical Center on Tuesdays and Fridays. To make an appointment with Dr. Petersen on the Cass Regional campus or at Pleasant Hill Medical Clinic, call Cass Regional Orthopedics at 816.380.7662.
Danny K. Carroll, MD, sees patients on Thursdays at Cass Regional Orthopedics. To make an appointment with Dr. Carroll, call Bone & Joint Specialists at 816.348.4270.