Cass Regional's surgery department offers five private same-day surgery rooms equipped with TVs and three surgical suites with state-of-the-art equipment. The post-anesthesia care unit has eight beds and one soundproof room.
Our surgery department provides specialty surgical procedures such as ear, nose and throat (ENT); ophthalmic (eye); orthopedic (bone); urological; gynecological; dentistry; podiatry; and general surgery services to patients of all ages.
Our surgeons are licensed practitioners with appropriate surgical privileges. The doctors are responsible for determining the degree of assessment and care provided, based on each patient's needs. A registered nurse also assesses each patient's needs throughout their stay in the surgery department. Care is also based on national standards set by the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN).
Important aspects of care communicated to patients by the surgery department include:
- How to prepare for your surgery.
- What to expect during your procedure.
- How to make a fast and full recovery.
Cass Regional Medical Center's surgery department provides scheduled outpatient and inpatient surgeries Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., excluding holidays. Emergency surgery services are provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with on-call personnel.
Meet your surgeons
- Kenneth Petersen, DO, Cass Regional Orthopedics.
- Danny Carroll, MD, orthopedics.
- John Gillen, orthopedics.
- Bradley Sullivan, MD, gynecology.
- Megan Sneed, MD, gynecology and urology.
- Brandon Johnson, MD, ear, nose and throat.
- Kelvin Walls, MD, ear, nose and throat.
- Nicholas Wirtz, MD, ear, nose and throat.
- Christopher Banning, MD, ophthalmology.
- Christopher Pole, MD, ophthalmology.
- Billy Perry Jr., MD, urology.
- Joseph Myers, MD, urology.
- Jack Hudkins, MD, FACS, general surgery.
- Walter Costner, MD, FACS, general surgery.
- William Cruce, DPM, podiatry.
- Shera Sims, pediatric dentistry.
- Aaron Travis, DO, family practice/GI.
- Steven Nash, MD, urology.
- Carrie Totta, MD, FACC, cardiology.
- Lillard Ashely, Jr., MD, FACC, cardiology.
- James Johnson, DO, pain management.