Cass Regional's Surgery Department offers five private same-day surgery rooms equipped with TVs and three surgical suites with state-of-the-art equipment. The post-anesthesia care unit has eight beds and one soundproof room.
Our Surgery Department provides specialty surgical procedures to patients of all ages. Services include general; bariatric (weight loss); orthopedic (bone and joint); ear, nose and throat; ophthalmic (eye); urological; gynecological; pediatric dental; and podiatric (foot) surgeries.
Our surgeons are licensed practitioners with appropriate surgical privileges. The doctors are responsible for determining the degree of assessment and care provided, based on each patient's needs. A registered nurse also assesses each patient's needs throughout their stay in the Surgery Department. Care is based on national standards set by the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN).
Important aspects of care communicated to patients by the Surgery Department include:
- How to prepare for your surgery.
- What to expect during your procedure.
- How to make a fast and full recovery.
Cass Regional Medical Center's Surgery Department provides scheduled outpatient and inpatient surgeries Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., excluding holidays. Emergency surgery services are provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with on-call personnel.
Meet your surgeons
- Jack Hudkins, MD, FACS, bariatrics and general surgery.
- Walter Costner, MD, FACS, bariatrics and general surgery.
- Kiranmayi Chilappa, MD, cardiology.
- Carrie Totta, MD, FACC, cardiology.
- Kenneth Petersen, DO, Cass Regional Orthopedics.
- Brandon Johnson, MD, ear, nose and throat.
- Nicholas Wirtz, MD, ear, nose and throat.
- Aaron Travis, DO, family practice/GI.
- Clinton L. Seifert, MD, FACS, general surgery.
- Megan Sneed, MD, gynecology and urology.
- Rebecca Ward, DO, obstetrics and gynecology.
- Danny Carroll, MD, orthopedics.
- James Johnson, DO, pain management.
- Shera Sims, pediatric dentistry.
- William Cruce, DPM, podiatry.
- Billy Perry Jr., MD, urology.
- William Todd Johnson, MD, urology.